Maybe it is time to leave Fuji....

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jim in Hudson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,155Gear list
Like?
Re: Maybe it is time to leave Fuji....
In reply to woodsfortysix, 2 months ago

woodsfortysix wrote:

After seeing a number of posts bashing ACR / Lightroom for their processing of RAW X files, maybe Fuji is the wrong camera for me.

I have been a Lightroom user since version 1.0, and quite pleased with the product and the improvements over the years. However, it appears that the Fuji X sensors are so unique / different than what is provided in other cameras, and it requires special care in the processing of their RAW files.

Given that Lightroom works quite well for all of my Nikon bodies (and seemed to work okay for Sony and Panasonic), maybe I should find a camera that works well with the tool that I like and am comfortable with.

I have been a Fuji user for a number of years – started with the X10, X20, XE-1, XE-2, and now an XT-1. While I like these cameras – and I think their glass is quite impressive, based on the posts about how bad Adobe processes these files, I am not sure I really like them enough to completely change my workflow and learn another system.

What are you going to do when you read about the deficiencies of all the alternative cameras you might be considering?

There is no perfect camera.  If there was, everyone would own it.

Jim in Hudson's gear list:Jim in Hudson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-3 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow