Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chuck Lantz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,181Gear list
Like?
D2x blur question
5 months ago

I recently bought a used D2x and a D700, to check if I liked the Nikon system enough to buy newer Nikon gear.

Yesterday when reviewing some motorcycle racing photos I shot with the D2x and D700, I noticed some blur that appears to come from shutter slam, or something like that. Repeat image, in other words.   The shots were taken in S mode, at 1000s, with auto ISO enabled.  The aperture auto was shooting the images at around 5.6.

Other shots where the aperture auto-selected at 8 or 9, the blur was absent, so I went to manual at 1000s and f/8 or f/9 and no blur.  All shots were hand-held.

Since the shutter on the D2x is fairly loud, wth enough "slam" that it can be felt as well as heard, could that be what's causing the image repeat blur?  I'm inclined to think that it is, since closing aperture seems to decrease it.

Any thougthts from those with experience with the D2x would be appreciated.  BTW, I was using two lenses, a 300 and 500 zoom.

-- hide signature --

"I'm hooked on The Look"
"If they're not screaming at you to get out of the way, you're not close enough" - I thought this was original, but it's very close to what someone else said. Oh, well.
... "Not to compete whole-heartedly, with a will to win, degrades the sport and insults the competition" - anonymous Olympic long-distance runner ...
"Mongo not know ... Mongo just pawn in game of life." - Mongo ... "Speed kills" - No, it doesn't. Speed has never killed anyone. It's the sudden stop that does it. - Me ... http://www.ChuckLantz.com ... Confessions from the middle of the pack: What I lacked in skill and courage I made up for in enthusiasm. As a result, I was enthusiastic beyond belief.

Chuck Lantz's gear list:Chuck Lantz's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D700 Sigma SD9 Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15 +19 more
Nikon D2X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow