Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hjens
Forum MemberPosts: 91
Like?
Some thoughts on filters and lens hoods for the FZ70
1 week ago

Contrary to some purists, I like having a UV (#1 Haze) filter on all my cameras as a lens protector and I also like a lens hood. Since the FZ70 came with neither I tried a UV filter and collapsible rubber lens hood in the original 55mm size and could live with it except for the 20mm wide angle (all four corners darkened even without the lens hood or the lens hood collapsed). So I went to the 55-58mm stepup ring with a 58mm UV filter and collapsible rubber lens hood. Without the lens hood there are no dark corners. With the lens hood, even retracted, there are dark corners, but these disappear if you go beyond 24mm with the wide angle. I've seen posts that you can eliminate these dark corners with a 55mm-62mm stepup to filter and lens hood, but I don't do that much wide angle photography so I'll probably live with the 55-58mm stepup. NOTE: I like the retractable rubber lens hoods so have not tried any of the flower petal or tulip lens hoods that came with earlier FZs and seem to be favored by Canon. Don't know if they eliminate the dark corners at 2omm wide angle or not. Hope this helps some of you new FZ70 users.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow