RX100 III is revered for street photography (image)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pepe-Lepue
Senior MemberPosts: 1,904Gear list
Like?
RX100 III is revered for street photography (image)
5 months ago

Meet Gerald! A vet who really likes to talk about his life. He came up to me asking if I had a smoke. Nope! But we started talking until comfortable enough to grab a few shots. Great guy!

I believe street photography is misunderstood by many. It's not something you do with a long lens. That's an uncomfortable non-intimate approach that yields uncomfortable photos of unknowing people. And we know nothing about them because we never engaged them.

The RX100 III lends itself well to street photography as it is less intimidating than even a mirrorless. The photos become more about the photographed persob and less about a person photographed.

But anyway - That's how I approach street photography. And that expression on his face is one that is always on his face.

-- hide signature --

'I am ze locksmith of love, no?'
Stephen Reed

Pepe-Lepue's gear list:Pepe-Lepue's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow