Flat view
5BC
5BC
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
panasonic gx 7 with olympus 36R flash - help please
2 months ago

Hello,

This is my first posting, although I have been reading dpreview for a while now and have enjoyed a lot.

I have Panasonic GX7 and works wonderfully with or with out the built in flash. I usually use about -2/3 flash compensation so that flash does not overpower the subject and works well with the built in flash.

My question is when I use the same setting on a same subject at the same time with Olympus 36R flash. At the wide angel of 14mm, the flash underexpose the subject by 1/2 stop. I do not understand why by simply using external flash will result in underexposure. What am I doing wrong?

Also on the other end at 42mm, photos taken with 36R seems to overexpose the subject by 1/3 of a stop. This should not happen or is it because of Olympus flash on Panasonic body? Both are in program mode and regular TTL on the flash. (not FP TTL or auto TTL)

Could some one explain to me or advise how I should handle this will be really appreciated, as I have been very frustrating for the last few weeks trying to figure this out.

Thank you

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow