Took the V1 out of retirement...sort of.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vlasty
Regular MemberPosts: 464Gear list
Like?
Took the V1 out of retirement...sort of.
3 months ago

With all the negativity surrounding the 1 system as of late (in many ways nothing new), I thought I would share something positive.

The system has taken its knocks from trolls and users alike, myself included. But on a photo walk yesterday I let my friends daughters use my "old" V1 during the day and I observed something that is difficult to put in words.

I think as photographers we like to pride ourselves in our sense of observation but some of the easiest things to notice are the most difficult to spot. I'm not sure what mojo Nikon put into the 1 system but the camera that the girls and mothers flocked to was the V1. Not the small DSLR's present but the 1. Was it the size? The color? Weight? Turn out none of the above. So I asked why they wanted to use the V1 and not the others.

The universal answer was "It's fun...fast and not blurry." Simplistic answers but answers none the less. Sounds like a dream camera to me hehe.

Forgive the cheesy pic but white borders seem to be the "rage" over here again.

Vlasty's gear list:Vlasty's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 +11 more
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow