ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
offertonhatter
New MemberPosts: 23Gear list
Like?
A bit of fun.
2 months ago

I have just bought this little camera on a whim. Cost? £30

It was in a camera store in Manchester and it comes with everything needed.

Why did I buy it? Well I have been looking at a tilt screen camera, and indeed I will probably get an MX-1 sooner rather than later. But then again, it was in the window, it was what us northeners call "cheap as chips" and it just a mad looking camera.

It is thicker than my iPhone 4S, yet smaller in length and width.

ISO is only 80-320, but the whole point is to have fin with it outside. Plenty of street photography is on the cards.

Design? Well I just love it, and even today at a coffee morning at the local social club, the camera was handed around and people found it brilliant!   So much so that someone said why not buy a load and I will get one from you. (I had to tell her that they are no longer made - for years)

IQ? Well first impressions are good, typical compact, but not surprisingly better than my i-10 and Ricoh R8 in good light due to the larger photosites. I won't be using it in low light as it will be rubbish, but that was not the point in getting it. Photoshop is rather sympathetic to the JPG's ie you can tweak nicely without getting too much of the artifacts coming in.

Conclusion

This was a £350 camera when new, typical of the era, but for a mere £30, a bit of a bargain.

IQ in good light is excellent. Macro mode it great.

Fun body, twist around lens and a good quality 2" LCD.

I will be giving it a good workout in Manchester as a street camera and see how it goes. but it is looking good.

offertonhatter's gear list:offertonhatter's gear list
Pentax Optio X Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Pentax *ist DS Pentax K10D Pentax K20D +10 more
offertonhatter's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow