Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brianric
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,048Gear list
Like?
Battery life continious shooting on Df plus action shot capabilities
3 weeks ago

I'm debating using my Df instead of my D3S for tomorrows photo shoot. I'm covering about 2,000 riders coming in over a four hour spread at speeds of 15 to 20 mph. I'll be shooting at 5.5 fps in 5 frame burst for each rider, shooting anywhere from 7,000 to 10,000 shots. I have three batteries for the Df, but I'll also be using the Df for about 300 to 400 single shots. I have three 64 GB SD cards and four 32 GB cards, so I should be good on memory.

Reason why I'm asking is the buffer is about the same on both the Df & D3S, but the buffer clears faster on the Df. My goal this year is to photograph at least 1,500 plus riders this year. This is in daylight, 10 AM to 2 PM for the finish line. Is the Df up to the task? Thanks in advance.

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +10 more
Nikon D3S Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow