Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EricSt
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Panasonic G6 SDHC card issue
3 weeks ago

I've been shooting weddings and some other freelance gigs (video only) on the Panasonic G6 for about 2 months now and have absolutely loved it. It's a very versatile little camera that does everything I need.

However I have been having an issue recently with corrupt memory cards. It's happened several times now where the shoot will go swimmingly, I can review the footage fine on the camera. When I get home, I pop the card right into my laptops built-in card reader and transfer it straight to an external hard drive. The footage has been blocky, green, blurred out, or just refuses to transfer and gives me an corrupt card error notice.

I have used Panasonic's AVCCam Recovery software in the past with success, but most recently I attempted to transfer the footage onto the hard drive and the transfer cut out half way through. Now, whenever I try to plug the SD card into the PC, a window immediately pops up stating I need to format the card. Can anyone offer any insight?

I'm shooting AVCHD on the camera. I'm using Sony 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 SDHC memory cards. My laptop is running Windows 8.1. I've been transferring the entire card directory to the hard drive, not just the video files. Help?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow