Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
debo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,570Gear list
Like?
FA Limiteds: to sell or not :( ?
2 months ago

Sad day: I am contemplating selling the FA limiteds (31/43/77). Hardly used them. MIJ. I got them from B&H saving for months as a student (7yrs ago) thinking I would use them on FF to get the real focal lengths. No complaints except for PF in super bright situations. Uber sharp wide open and magical in uniform light conditions.

Why should I sell: 1) I tend to use my X100LE 90% of the time these days - bought it used to experiment and got got hooked; now the Pentax K-5ii + limiteds sit at home (didn't realize how much I like the 35ish focal length, hence the desire to use the FA31 on a FF) 2) I can't see Pentax doing a FF which I want to try out for the shallow DOF  3) On a A7/s/r I would not get AF.

Why should I not sell: 1) FA31 on a Pentax FF would be awesome for me, given my liking towards the X100 2) Could compromise and get a sony FF body and have my FA31 perform 3) These are MIJ and won't be able to find them at least on B&H Adorama etc ... I know my copies are excellent.

Opinions?

debo's gear list:debo's gear list
Sony RX1 Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SellNew
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow