Flat view
gmanchev
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
D600 vs D7100 for me ?
5 months ago

Hello,

everyone.

The main question is should I spend on DX equipment or straight go towards the FX and invest in the future ?

I've just registered in the forum. Would appreciate every opinion but just, bare in mind in most of your eyes I wouldn't appear even in the classification of an amateur so please, don't eat me alive.

So I've had several point and shoot cameras in my life from Fuji, Canon and Sony and for the last couple of months I'm shooting racing events with a press pass and Canon Rebel T3 (with kit lenses... and second JVC video camera on a tripod) borrowed from a friend. I'm still learning the basics, but now it's the time for me to buy myself my first own DSLR. In the beginning I was researching the cheap second hand D3200 or D3300 but then I decided to go for a D7100 just because I'm shooting mostly racing (drift, drag, stunt) and the burst shot I noticed in D3300 has lag (smaller buffer capabilities I guess) and while for the most sport photographers 6 fps wouldn't be enough, for me going from 2.9 to 6 fps and especially for this type of sport photography believe would suit me the most. I know most of you would suggest Canon 7D or 70D, but I think the D7100 is much better in terms of fast AF and photo shooting (video shooting with DSLR ? Really ?), plus no low pass filter (though from tests doesn't seems to be a big bonus). Also there's so much dust near the track...plus the weather conditions in England really makes me don't want to buy D3300.

Finally I would say that every one of them will be enough for my studies, but as a hobby (maybe someday business-currently building an amateur portfolio,but who knows...!? ) I just cannot afford not to go for the semi-pro class and while the difference in dx and fx is not very small (especially when it comes down to quick telephoto lenses) I'm willing to pay the extra only if it's really worth it. I don't want to buy DX and not too long after selling my all equipment on silly price just to upgrade to FX and plus while I'm spending some time exploring the nature I don't want to have that perfect moment, shooting with my camera with wide angle lens and wishing I really had paid that extra quid for a full frame sensor.

P.S. Currently an Architecture student, got access to cinematographic equipment but no DSLR's and trying to start making my own living just from graphic design and photography while studying so I can quit my main job.

All the best,

Georgi

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 1200D (EOS Rebel T5 / EOS Kiss X70) Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Nikon D3200 Nikon D3300 Nikon D600 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow