bford
Contributing MemberPosts: 690
Like?
Re: Capture One vs Aperture
In reply to Cogset, 3 weeks ago

Cogset wrote:

bford wrote:

sinbad wrote:

Phase one is sponsoring a webinar on July 15 demonstrating how to switch from other software programs to Capture One:

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Workshops/Events/Capture-One-webinars.aspx

Their webinars are usually informative. I am not associated with Phase One

Capture One's UI blows compared to Aperture. It has to be one of the worse layouts in such software. Confusing and haphazard. Frankly, after trying it again I'm at a loss as to what is so special about it. It's one plus is the ability to work on images without having to import them.

It may blow compared to Aperture (I thought so, but after using it constantly for a week on close to 1000 photos, I'm starting to like it), but I think the only relevant question any more is, how does it compare to LR?

The think about the C1 UI is that it is very user definable. You can determine what "tabs" are at the top, and you can even determine which edit tools are in each tab and in what order. You might mess with the Quick tab and put all the tools in there you use most. I also found I needed a "keyboard shortcut" to toggle on/off the Viewer. You can set that in the keyboard editor function. Once I did that, I put the filmstrip (browser) at the bottom and I can toggle that on/off with Command-B (Mac).

I have a lot more to learn for sure, but at least after spending a bunch of time in it, I get around quickly without confusion.

well yeah,,once you learn how to use anything it is a lot easier.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow