Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Solomente
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
More from Iceland (E-M1)
3 weeks ago

I started this post: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3698165 to ask for C&C on one B&W waterfall shot from Iceland (and got awesome feedback!) and several people have recently asked about traveling there so I thought I would share just a few other shots from the trip (a tiny fraction of almost 3,000 I took!). I used the Olympus 12-40 for most of the shots, with occasional use of the Panny 7-14 and 100-300 for birds/whales/seals. Since we were there in June it was ~24 hours of sunlight so I experimented with a 10 stop ND filter for some shots.

Hope you enjoy the pics and if you ever get the chance to visit Iceland, you won't be disappointed!

Sailboats near Harpa Concert Hall in Reykjavik

Seljalandsfoss waterfall. As you can see in the picture, you can actually walk behind it for a full 360 degree view of the falls.

Pseudo craters outside Reykjavik. This was taken from a helicopter

Midnight sun (actually 12:30am) in Akureyri, North Iceland

Icelandic oak boat. These are used for fishing and whale/seal watching tours

Geothermal area in SW Iceland

Puffins are even funnier to see in person

My wife meditating in front of Godafoss (waterfall of the gods)

That's me on the left!

Solomente's gear list:Solomente's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow