Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gugarci
Senior MemberPosts: 1,079Gear list
Like?
GX7 Blurry Images at High Shutter Speeds
5 months ago

I've had my GX7 for almost 2 months now. Over-all I really love this camera but it does not love me back. Every once in a while when taking casual snapshots I get the occasional blurry image that I can't seem to explain what I'm doing wrong. The problem cannot be shutter shock because when I encounter this issue it's always during daytime shots using high shutter speeds. Yesterday I got 2 taking a casual quick shots of my sons new car. Both images were handheld with the 20mm lens, IBIS on and I had a shutter speed of 3200.
When I saw the images in my computer and went back to take more quick pictures I did not encounter this issue again. I think either the IBIS is sometime over compensating with this light combo at higher shutter speed, or my technique holding this camera with this small lens needs improving. With the 20mm lens I find myself holding this camera with 2 hands like some people hold a smartphone for taking images, and I know I sometimes tend to jab the shutter. My technique using small mirrorless bodies needs major improvement. And when I concentrate and hold the camera properly I do not encounter this issues.

Here's a sample image below. The only thing i did to this image was to clone out the plates, straightened the horizon and added a little positive exposure. After this happened I went out and held the camera properly and took many images with IBIS on and off using shutter speeds from 1000-8000 and did not encounter the issue again. But when I'm in a relaxed casual mode not thinking and just snapping like a mindless idiot I get shots that look like the one below.

gugarci's gear list:gugarci's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow