ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tbcass
Forum ProPosts: 18,974Gear list
Like?
A77ii first impressions.
5 months ago

Just got my A77ii. I already have an A77. My initial impressions are;

The exposure is more accurate with the "2". The old 77 tended to under expose while the new one is spot on.

Flash exposure is more consistent and accurate with the "2".

The menu system is different. I haven't used it enough to decide which is "better".

The JPG high iso performance does seem to be better with the new camera, especially since the "wormy" look seems to be eliminated. By default the camera high iso NR is set to "normal" but is much too aggressive for my tastes giving photos a "processed " look. Setting to low was much better. All in all With JPGs I believe I am getting a full stop improvement.

The EVF is a major improvement. The contrast on the old camera is too high. The "2" is much better, so good it looks almost like a high quality OVF. When switching between the EVF and the real world It was difficult to see a difference. This was a big surprise!!!

I can't comment on the AF yet but this weekend I plan on shooting some indoor basketball using my new Tamron 70-200 f2.8 USD so I should know more then. So far I can't see much of a difference. I can say this combo is lightning fast and easily caught my grand-kids running and jumping over a sprinkling ball. It was easy to catch the 10 year old in mid air at the precise moment with absolutely "0" lag, none, nada. The IQ of the Tamron is outstanding but it sure is heavy. I'm glad I work out with weights!!

-- hide signature --

Tom
Look at the picture, not the pixels
------------
Misuse of the ability to do 100% pixel peeping is the bane of digital photography because it causes people to fret over inconsequential issues.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63683676@N07/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25301400@N00/

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +6 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow