Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,797Gear list
Like?
Re: VCL-ECU1 - replacement caps needed
In reply to Diopter, 3 weeks ago

Diopter wrote:

GaryW wrote:

Yes, that reminds me -- my Sony headphones need new cushions again, too! I don't consider it a big deal to get cushions once a decade. Good headphones seem worth keeping...

I am sorry, but It is a very inadequate comparison.

I didn't bring up the comparison.  It's not such a bad one, tho.

VCL-ECU1 and its fish-eye sibling are fairly new lens attachments and probably they are sold in large quantities. Both designed particularly for the excellent 16mm prime, but they can be used with any lens with 49mm barrel.

They work on any lens that has the appropriate bayonet mount, but even if you manage to get it mounted, it won't necessarily work well. So far, the only lenses that seem to work OK are the 16mm and 20mm primes, at least for the ECU1. I suspect that they have not sold in great numbers, so there might not be a lot of motivation for anyone to make cap replacements, but even so, Sony probably has them.

Unlike headphone cushions you cannot find random replacement for the unique shape and large diameter of the cap. It must be molded just for this particular purpose.

I wasn't claiming that there were "random replacements" for the headphone cushions. When I ordered them before, I called Sony.

Hopefuly always responding to our needs Chinese suppliers would handle this problem soon and deliver at the Ebay ....

Good luck. In the meantime, I wonder if there is a generic cap that could be modified to fit?

(-)

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow