Would you buy a NEX7 and a couple lenses like the 24/1.8 and 10-18/4?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Giovanni_1968
Senior MemberPosts: 1,175Gear list
Like?
Would you buy a NEX7 and a couple lenses like the 24/1.8 and 10-18/4?
1 week ago

A friend is going to sell his NEX7 to get the new sexy Leica T, he asked me if I am interested and, to be honest, I am tired of carrying with me the D800 all the time so I was thinking of a little Fuji but if this chance gets good financially wise I might think of two scenarios I am gonna expose.

He made little of no use of this NEX7 which nowadays is an old camera, he has the kit 18-55, a 18-200, a 16 pancake and also some wide range Tamron I don't remember which one but sort of 18-200 again, a double, then the ones I might be interested in, a Zeiss 24/1.8 and the Sony 10-18/f which, if not because of light falloff and distortion could be a nice lens for landscaping (which I miss on the D800).

Scenario A:

buy the NEX7 and the lenses he wants to sell (which I guess that's them all), keep what I like (the 10-18 and the 24) sell the remaining to make some money back.

Scenario B:

buy only the 10-18 and the 24, get an A6000 and another lens which gives me equivalent 50mm or longer on FF so that I can have fun with portraits too rather than just landscapes.

Now I doubt he'll want to only sell me the lenses I like so I'd rather buy it all (depending on how much he asks), the doubt is, do these lenses still have a market? I mean, given I wanna keep the two from both A and B, would I be able to sell the kit zoom, the 18-200 and, eventually, the pancake?

Also, I read reviews of the 10-18 being not a very good performer, is it worth the pain to buy or do I get it and then sell back (always given I get a good deal) to get a wide angle for my D800 landscape wise?

thank you so much

-- hide signature --

Giovanni
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giovanniaprea/
FujiS5 Nikon D800 Panasonic L1 shooter

Giovanni_1968's gear list:Giovanni_1968's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Panasonic Leica D Vario-Elmarit 14-50mm F2.8-3.5 ASPH Mega OIS +7 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow