How much have micro 4/3 cameras improved for action shooting?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
macropaul
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Re: How much have micro 4/3 cameras improved for action shooting?
In reply to danieladougan, 2 months ago

still not very easy to use a gh4 for action shots ,but much better than predecessor the gh3 ,on predictive movment almost flawless in good light ,tried my gh4 at a bird of prey center display yesterday and the keeper rate in af-c was low ,this could be my lack skill though ,

i used 35-100mm f2.8 single focus and tried some of the options in creating a focus area ,but nothing really worked well ,also in aperture priority mode ,could not make my mind up either to shoot video or pics ,as it turned out the video looks better ,glad i done this ,also used my gx7 with single shot and the olympus 75mm f1.8 this worked ok but in single shot you get more keepers but miss more action

The light was bad and wet i feel this has a major effect on keeper rate ,the birds got really close as well in flight there wings were quite often touching my head in flight .i will post up some of the images .

The flight of fast birds is hard to say the least peregrine falcon very hard to shoot .Even in video hard to see ,ive never used a dslr for shooting action so i cant compare but the evf does black out which makes following difficult at times and is worse in low light.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EVFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow