M6ttl and 50mm lux for shooting wildlife and travelling ?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davlynski
Junior MemberPosts: 25Gear list
Like?
M6ttl and 50mm lux for shooting wildlife and travelling ?
1 month ago

As I near 60yrs of age, Ive been going back to a little film photography, and in many respects, enjoying the results. For over 55years, Ive taught myself photography (last 10yrs digital) , but Ive never got into post processing, photoshop, or lightroom.

I'm enjoying thinking about each shot, and noticing how film (color neg) is less harsh on shadow than digital.

Ive bought a tidy m6ttl, and a new 50mm summilux.

Ive also bought a Olympus OM2, also with a f1.4 50mm lens

Ive shot a few rolls of Fuji 400 on each camera, and Ive got access to a good lab for processing. After that I use my Plustek 7600i to scan the trannies (with the lab enlarging a couple of the better shots as wall prints)

In the next 12 months, we have amazing trips planned to the artic (need to shoot polar bears), and India (with all of its color).

In 2006, my D200, with 18-200 lens was the best for travelling. But I grew tired of lugging it to Everest Base Camp. And only my Canon S90 went to Mt Blanc, and other exotic trips.

Im thinking of taking the m6ttl and the 50lux on trips from here in..... WHO ELSE IS DOING THAT ???

(Im sensing I'll miss the instant gratification of digital !!)

davlynski's gear list:davlynski's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot S90 Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow