Finally a BIF with the a-6000

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
nzmacro
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,487Gear list
Like?
Bang, there ya go. Beautiful shots
In reply to lightgrabber, 3 months ago

lightgrabber wrote:

Took these at the pond today with my a-6000 and the Canon 100-400mm.

Sorry I cut the tail off the left hand bird in the second one. I really want to thank nzmacro and zackiedawg for the hints and encouragement they have given me . Still have a long way to go but I think I have definitely been bitten by the birding bug.

Eastern Kingbirds, I think.

The relay, as far as I could see, first bird seemed to transfer the bug to second bird, who fed it to baby.

One more shot, just to up the cuteness factor.

Tiniest duckling I've ever seen on the pond.

Ha, bang and there it is. There seems to be an invisible line that gets reached and all of a sudden it all starts to make sense with settings and techniques. You are there

Wonderful shots with good timing and action, nice behaviour shots for sure. You nailed it. That last shot is so cute, even Jan is sitting here looking at it over my shoulder. Really sharp and excellent composition. You can even see the fine droplets of water on its head. Sharp as a tack !!

Now if I can be cheeky on the first shot for a second, its the composition I wanted to look at. Its an excellent sharp shot with good fine details, so thought I would take a look at that one with composition in mind. Tried two with cropping, they suit me but might not suit other people. Anyway this is how I would go about it ....

Its a stunning shot, congrats. So that's one way I would look at it and then another way ......

And cropping even close again, man that's a great shot to work with.

Either way, you have nailed these shots, all of them IMO.

All the best and congrats, stubbornness and patience pays off big time :-). Love it.

Danny.

-- hide signature --

Birds, macro, motor sports.... http://www.birdsinaction.com
Just Kingfisher ..... http://www.flickr.com/photos/96361462@N06/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow