Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rumi Siddiqui
Regular MemberPosts: 192Gear list
Like?
Pores in Skin D810/D800E vs DF
1 month ago

As a former D800E owner, I recall constantly having to reduce wrinkles and pores in photoshop for any female above the age of 30. Is it safe to assume the experience will be the same, if not worse with the D810?

I'm seriously considering canceling my D810 pre-order, and just going with the DF. Prior to all of my gear getting stolen, I was using the D800E+85mm 1.4G combo. I was using soft boxes off and on, getting mixed results. Also, I'd prefer not to take any soft boxes with me, as I'll be living in Caribbean for the next 5 months, so the less I have, the easier it is for me to travel.

Would using a less sharp lens perhaps lessen the detail in the pores? Or am I better served with a different camera altogether.

I shoot everything from people to landscapes; but I consider people my primary subjects. I'm aware of post processing techniques, but I'd like to get as much done from the beginning.

Would the Nikon DF yield a better result with respect to pores, assuming that I was not intending to use a soft box or flashes? Or would I be better off with the D810, and an elaborate Flash setup with soft boxes?

Currently my plan is to go ahead and order the DF, and keep my D810 pre-order in place, and pray it ships on July 17th so I can compare the two side-by-side in the real world before making my final decision. I'd still appreciate any advice you guys can offer.

My experience with the Nikon DF is limited. I tested it out at best buy as well as my local camera shop. I fell in love with the silver one. I'm aware of its flaws, and not the least bit bothered. But I didn't get to do any kind of extensive tests.

Rumi Siddiqui's gear list:Rumi Siddiqui's gear list
Nikon D810 Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +10 more
Nikon D810 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow