Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
roperc3
Regular MemberPosts: 100Gear list
Like?
Vietnam: first impressions
1 month ago

I moved to Vietnam three months ago to teach English.  During this time I've taken quite a few photos, and here are a few samples.

I'm a very inexperienced photographer, even though I've been taking photos for a while, so any c&c would be greatly appreciated (pp, composition etc.).  Most of these have been tweaked one way or another in LR.

Thanks for looking.

PS: The lenses used were: 75mm, panny 20mm and Oly 12-40mm (all on EM5).

Statue of Ho Chi Minh in HCMC.

Lady buddha - Da Nang (I thought this was a good use of 'framing' but in retrospect should've stepped back a little to include the full structure)

Street scene in Bui Vien, HCMC.

A shot from a lot behind our hotel.  It looks bleak but I thought the rays of sunlight gave the image a little hope.

Old building in Hoi An.  All the buildings in the old town are yellow - it's the 'holy' colour.

Stray dog relaxing in the sunshine in the courtyard of a Pagoda in Da Nang.

Fruit seller walking in the heat on Phu Quoc island.

Dusk on Phu Quoc island.

Boy fire-eater on Bui Vien, HCMC.

Same boy fire-eater, but this time passing a snake through his nose (I think it was a fake snake, but impressive nonetheless).

A lonely fishing boat off the coast of Phu Quoc island.

roperc3's gear list:roperc3's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow