Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phathom
Regular MemberPosts: 476Gear list
Like?
A77II from Nikon d7100.
5 months ago

Hey everyone, I recently purchased my first ever Sony Camera product, rx100m3. I was so impressed that I was looking around at other Sony cameras and stumbled upon the A77II. As you can see from my gear below, I own a Nikon d7100. It takes amazing shots, but has a HORRIBLE buffer. I can't stand it. Nikon hasn't put out a pro level DX body in 5 years or so and I don't know if they ever will again. About 50-75% of my shooting is horseback riding and sports, so the buffer does matter a lot.  I'm thinking about making the big switch over but I had a few questions:

1) I see the high ISO performance isn't as good as the d7100. I do some shots inside arenas and the ISO can get to 1600-3200. Will it be very noticeable? (I PP most of my images with Nik Define, if that matters to the discussion)

2) Based on my current set of lenses, what lenses would you recommend if I did switch?

3) Have any of you switched and do you regret it? If not, do you have anything that you miss from Nikon?

4) The thing everyone tells me when I mention switching is "The A Mount is DYING!!!!!!". Do you think there is any merit to that?

I know I asked a lot of questions, so thank you in advance for reading and answering them. If there is anything else you think I should know, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Phathom's gear list:Phathom's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Nikon D7100 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow