ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
applecake
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Grease on new lenses?
2 months ago

Hi all,

I've got a quick question for any of you that have purchased lenses recently.

I have a friend who just converted to Fuji, and I've convinced him to pick up the 23mm lens. Problem is, he's having a hard time getting a "clean" lens from either B&H or Amazon. I've seen the units that he's received - there always looks like there's some streaking/grease or maybe lubricating oil smudged on the edges of the lens, sometimes on the rear element, sometimes on the front element, sometimes on both. The glass looks kind of dusty sometimes too, fresh out of the box. One unit from B&H had 3 small spots (looks like something stuck to the glass) in the center of the front element that even a lens pen couldn't get off.

In my personal experience with Fuji lenses, this problem with quality control is evident as well. My first 56mm had weird grease/oil on the front element that kind of looked like condensation.

If you've bought a Fuji lens lately, what has your experience been?

As always, your comments are greatly appreciated!

applecake's gear list:applecake's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow