Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rick decker
Forum ProPosts: 12,168
Like?
How to Hand-Hold A Quattro
5 months ago

This has been a challenging issue for some of the more challenged shooters here so I wanted to address the problem with my new technique. But first I wanted to show the camera and its accessories, especially for those who say it must be hard to hold even though they haven't held one yet.

First, here is the camera in full battle gear - l-bracket, VF-41 finder (please note that VF stands for viewfinder), and LH4-01 (LH for Lens Hood).

Now here is the camera in travelling mode.  Note how the hood reverses and sets against the camera not potruding even as far as the lens cap.  Pretty slick.

Next hare are some important accessories:

Not only does the 16 GB SanDisk shoot/write faster, it also down/up loads faster with USB3 Reader. The bracket is two-piece and not as innately as strong as a molded one but given the cameras are not as heavy or big, it should do fine.  Non-slip pads help.  Also, if you file out the  bracket on the  left side, you can open the card compartment cover and remove/insert the card and close the cover.  The only downside of this l-bracket is that the specs are not quite dead-on and it cannot quite lock on some arca-swiss mounting bases.  It works on one of my RRS and not another, and works on my Wimberly. A few pieces of electrical tape mounted in the slots solve the problem.  For $10 and free shipping, it is a deal.  I have two and have ordered two more.

But now to get to the "meat" of my post  and the one that has been such a problem for many.  Especially those from down-under.

Here is the best way to hold a Q for best stability:

For those down-under:

OK now you have it and can go out and enjoy your camera!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow