ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Juerg
Forum MemberPosts: 96Gear list
Like?
changing ISO
3 months ago

maybe a dumb question - maybe not so trivial:

if i have a given set of aperture, shutter speed and ISO, let's say f8, 1/125sec and ISO 100 and now I change the ISO to 200 will this have the same effect as if I were choosing

1) f5.6 and 1/125 (and ISO 100)

or

2) f8 and and 1/60 (and ISO 100).

with other words is a change of ISO sensitivity affecting primarily or mainly or exclusively on the aperture or the shutter speed?

I am asking this because of the flash exposure (in manual) since the flash exposure of the foreground is steered by the aperture only where the ambient light is controlled by the shutter speed.

So when I have a scene with f8 and 1/125 sec at ISO 100 and in this the strength of the flash is correct for the foreground but the overall image is too dark I can lengthen the shutter to 1/60 sec or I leave shutter at 1/125 and increase the ISO to 200, correct?

thanks for clarifications

Juerg's gear list:Juerg's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow