Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wirralpix
Regular MemberPosts: 443
Like?
From A77 to A7, A7R or A7s
3 months ago

I'm an early adopter of the A77 three years ago and own several APS-C lenses but I'm in the fortunate position of being able to afford a switch to E mount. I own the A77, a Sony A200 infrared converted camera, Sony 75-300G, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 SSM, Sony 16-80 ZA, Tamron 90mm macro, Tokina 11-16mm, Sony 35mm f1.8 and Samyang 8mm fisheye. These would be sold and the money spent on E mount.

Sony technology has moved on considerably in three years but I haven't kept up with E mount. Although the A77 supplies 90% of my needs I'm struggling with it's low light capabilities and its bulk and at 60 years of age I'm looking for a lighter camera system to carry around.

The new 12 mp A7s is being advertised as a low light demon at £2100 but the older A7 and A7R are much cheaper. As this may be my last major body camera purchase I'm unsure whether to buy the A7, A7R or A7s and I'd appreciate some advice.

George

www.gwevansphotography.com

Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7S Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow