When a mediocre lens "gets you there". Boasting the old SEL1628+WA(image)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pepe-Lepue
Senior MemberPosts: 1,904Gear list
Like?
When a mediocre lens "gets you there". Boasting the old SEL1628+WA(image)
5 months ago

For you pixel peepers and OOC folks - no matter how I understand where you guys come from, this thread isn't for you.

I shot this before I received my Zeiss 12 2.8. I have made do with the SEL 1628 and the wide angle adapter for thee years now. Wouldn't have ever upgraded if it weren't for the sale last month.
But as I process my photos (and I do like to really process my photos!), I realize more than ever that for many types of photography or possibly most types of photography, these mediocre lens will get you there as well as the premium glass!

Going through this with awareness of my style, I'm not sure what the Zeiss actually afforded me. It's a perfect lens...only if your style is one that takes advantage of it.

Can't afford an arsenal of high-end primes/zooms? Quit fretting and start shooting. Make it work for you. So perhaps keep that in mind when ogling gear.

-- hide signature --

'I am ze locksmith of love, no?'
Stephen Reed

Pepe-Lepue's gear list:Pepe-Lepue's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow