New A6000 user with two questions.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,047Gear list
Like?
Re: New A6000 user with two questions.
In reply to charita, 2 months ago

charita wrote:

I have recently come over to the Sony side from the Nikon 1 camp. I am happy to report that the A6000 delivers, for me, an image quality far superior to the Nikon 1, not surprising because of the larger sensor, but very satisfying for me. I do however have two questions, the first is that the A6000 seemingly devours the battery at a very rapid rate. I have Airplane Mode turned on, reduced the monitor and viewfinder brightness levels and get barely over 200 shots per full charge. I admit I spend a lot of time going through the menus. Any suggestions on what the biggest offenders of battery drain could be?

Also I installed a KUSO exif file program, but I am disappointed to find it unable to read the ARW files of the A6000. It reads my Nikon 1 files and I believe it also reads the Nex-6 files, but not the A6000. Anyone else finding this also? Many thanks.

-- hide signature --

Charles.
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9945787145/photos
Even though you are on the right track - you will get run over if you just sit there.
-Will Rogers.

I think that the batteries are rated at 350 shots by some 'standard'. I can get over 500 shots per battery at times - usually if shooting rapidly and not using the menus much.

I have turned off 'review mode' and have the sleep timer at 60 seconds.

As to the KUSO program, there may be an update coming. I believe that the A6000 uses the same compression format as the A7, so it should eventually be supported. It is a more complex deciphering than the Nex cameras had:

Please note that this is different from the 12 bit per pixel reported by specs:

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow