Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nuke12
Regular MemberPosts: 481Gear list
Like?
Nano Coating – What’s the deal?
2 months ago

Nikon’s best lenses have nano coating. I see lots of people attributing micro-contrast and 3D pop to this coating. Where does this come from? The only claims I see Nikon making about the coating is flare reduction.

Then I look around at other lens mfgs and most of them also seem to have some sort of coating to reduce flare. Some even say their coating is based on some sort of nano technology.

So what’s the deal with Nikon’s nano coating? Is it really something special, different from the other mfgs, something more then they claim or just smoke and mirror claims made by some people?

-- hide signature --

I'm a photo hacker. I use my expensive equipment to destroy anything in front of my camera. This is a special skill that can never be realized by low life photographers. A nurtured skill since the 1970's.

nuke12's gear list:nuke12's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +14 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow