ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Big Ga
Forum ProPosts: 16,411
Like?
Focus ring rubber grip Question
3 weeks ago

Hi Folks,

The rubber grip on the focus ring on my 105DC nikkor seems to have snapped - its now one long strip of rubber as opposed to a ring!

A couple of questions:

1. Does anyone know of where I can order a spare? I can't seem to find that particular one anywhere.

2. As the original rubber is in pretty good shape (I can't really understand how it snapped in the first place), I was wondering if I just glue it back on. Trouble is, it seems to be about 1cm short of going all the way around (I assume when new it must be stretched to go on?), but also, what is still there is some kind of thin cardboard, that's sitting loosely around the AF ring (i.e. it can spin around) and only held on by a small piece of sticky tape. Does the replacement rubber come with this ring of cardboard? or do I need to be careful and keep what's there (and therefore it might not be a good idea to try and first glue the piece of rubber that snapped onto it.

Any advice from someone who's done this replacement on this or any similar lens arrangement would be appreciated.

TIA

Ga.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow