Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
plantguy
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
I need some advice
2 months ago

I'm recently a retired horticulturist. I take a lot of photos of plants, but also take photos of festivals and street photography. I own 2 canon 35mm cameras and six lens. My predicament is that I want to go digital.

The camera I need will be a workhorse that I use for everything. My question is, should I get a SX50 or entry level DSLR. Frankly, I can't afford any more lens to do the DSLR justice, but you all know how photographers act and think.

What is your advice on which camera to get? I want decent image quality, but don't require razor sharp quality. Frankly, I doubt I'll ever have the need to have images larger than a computer screen. My concern is the shooting speed of the camera. I may need to shoot numerous shots in a matter of seconds.....as fast as I can press the shutter.

Please, I know some of you have both cameras, and I'd appreciate your opinions. I've been researching cameras for almost a year, and am still undecided.

Thanks in advance for your time and opinions.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow