Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,835Gear list
Like?
Angry Inch Price war
5 months ago

Wow, are Sony on the ball or what - in the UK at least. the Angry inch price war has begun (the war of the 1" sensors) Warehouse Express (WEX, hardly the cheapest dealer in the UK usually) have the RX10 at £699 new , take the £50 cashback off and you`re looking at the camera now undercutting the FZ1000 by £100 before the Panny has even hit the shelves here . given the RX`s rep for build and lens quality, it`s enough to make many say "Sod 4K and 400mm, I`m getting the RX" .. The RX10 debuted at ¬£1100 and stayed at the price for quite a while, almost double the¬†final price it is now.

How Panasonic responds will be interesting, they won`t be able to keep the FZ at £750 for long, I`m big on quality superzooms (if not on motorzoom lenses) so it`ll be interesting to see how it Pans out - whatever, the consumer will benefit whichever you get .

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Sigma DP2 Merrill Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow