Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Allan Kay
New MemberPosts: 37
Like?
Canon 70D more blurry focus than 700D
3 weeks ago

I recently upgraded my 700D to 70D. The difference in price was very little but the difference in performance is huge. I believe all the reviews and do think that 70D is an amazing camera but for some reason I get very poor focus performance. It finds focus quickly but when I review the picture they are all blurry or at least worse than my 700D which is going to be gone in a few days as I put ii on sale when my 70D arrived.

After disappointing portrait shots outside, I printed a standard focusing chart for testing.

So I feel bad about selling it on eBay to someone who will experience the same issue and may ask for his money back. I have read a few similar reviews and I wander how many bad copies are out there? Some people sent them back to Canon just to have Canon return them back and say there is nothing wrong with the Camera

Here are two tests. Tamron 17-50 F2.8 @35mm and Canon 50mm @f2.2 all in camera settings were identical. I shot on AV mode and the difference in shutter speed is negligible.

70D (Canon 50 @f2.2)

700D (Canon 50 @f2.2)

70D (Tamron f2.8 35mm)

700D (Tamron f2.8 35mm)

Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i) Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow