Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mferencz
Regular MemberPosts: 233Gear list
Like?
Complacency with my EM-5
4 months ago

I like my Olympus camera, love it in fact.  I've had it for over a year and a half.  Never failed me, haven't experienced any shutter shock or anything at which I can measure.  I have 4 lenses, 25 Pany, 75 Oly, 7.5 Rokinson, and 14-42 I.  It covers nearly everything I really need.

I'd like to spluge and get the Oly 300mm when it comes out.  The point i'm making is that i've been trained by manufacturers to have an adrenaline rush for the next big thing.  Unfortunately, or fortunately I don't really have a need for much more.  I really do love the surge of reading about some mystical camera 10 months away that can blow minds and shoot in the dark and print crystal sharp at billboard size.  In some ways it sparks my interest and creativity just thinking about it.  Maybe thats the sign i'm a gearhead not an artist.  I don't want to be a gearhead.  Hopefully the gearhead golden age is coming to an end and photographers can be recognized on output rather than what they are holding.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow