Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
charita
Contributing MemberPosts: 523Gear list
Like?
New A6000 user with two questions.
3 months ago

I have recently come over to the Sony side from the Nikon 1 camp. I am happy to report that the A6000 delivers, for me, an image quality far superior to the Nikon 1, not surprising because of the larger sensor, but very satisfying for me. I do however have two questions, the first is that the A6000 seemingly devours the battery at a very rapid rate. I have Airplane Mode turned on, reduced the monitor and viewfinder brightness levels and get barely over 200 shots per full charge. I admit I spend a lot of time going through the menus. Any suggestions on what the biggest offenders of battery drain could be?

Also I installed a KUSO exif file program, but I am disappointed to find it unable to read the ARW files of the A6000. It reads my Nikon 1 files and I believe it also reads the Nex-6 files, but not the A6000. Anyone else finding this also? Many thanks.

-- hide signature --

Charles.
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9945787145/photos
Even though you are on the right track - you will get run over if you just sit there.
-Will Rogers.

charita's gear list:charita's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +2 more
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow