Should I ask for permission?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Doug Aiien
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?
Re: Should I ask for permission?
In reply to rla1022, 4 months ago

Thanks for the comments- very conflicting opinions expressed! And I find that very depressing. My take-away is that what I wanted to do is controversial. I'm a runner and would have been competing if not injured. I've been a high school and college X-C and T+F coach most of my life. I'm 73 years old and still coach a running group called the Senior Moments Track Club here in SC, so you might infer that I appreciate irony. I love running and think this 2 month, once a week, all comers meet on a private university track is a wonderful asset to our community. I think the families and kids, especially, demonstrate the joy of running. Older runners surely do too, and I have been considering attending a Senior Games event, where I usually compete, as a photographer.

I really dislike the photo-journalistic emphasis on the finish line even though I'm national class in a T+F event, and I wanted to show the human interest- joyous, sad, funny- side of a human activity. That's my "seeing" as a photographer. I took over 500 pictures, some which I thought I might share on Flickr and maybe eventually on a running album.  I haven't even looked at most of them yet.  I guess they all get deleted.

Doug

Doug Aiien's gear list:Doug Aiien's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow