ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kevin Mayer
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Mobile Travel Workflow
5 months ago

Greetings,

There have been a few threads I've followed related to mobile workflow while traveling, and they have helped me at least begin to think this through. Would love input from those that have found a pretty good system.

I will be shooting RAW with my A7R while in France, and will be there 2.5 weeks. I plan on packing light as possible, but also want to be able to get a few things done. I'd love to do some processing while there, but my current thought is that both an iPad and a 13" laptop are too small for very effective raw development. Agree?

The one thing I feel is critical is the ability to catalog images (lightroom is desktop tool), and it sounds like I can either get photosmith or travel with small laptop to do that. Thoughts? I would love the ability to get GPS info into lightroom without having to take iPhone shot, any ideas how to do that?

The other issue is backing up images. I plan on taking three 32 GB SD cards, and keeping copies there. If I take laptop, will keep backups there as well. If I don't take laptop and only take iPad, not sure what to do. Perhaps Dropbox or NAS? I will have access to wifi most of the time, but don't know how good.

Thank you so much for your input. Trip of a lifetime for my wife and I, and hope to have a pretty good system figured out.

Thanks,

Kevin

Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow