Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alfred Molon
Contributing MemberPosts: 993
Like?
Where to go from the A65
1 month ago

I'm currently using an A65 with the Sony CZ 16-80, 35/F1.8, G SSM 70-300 and Sigma 8-16 lenses. While the camera is very good, I'm wondering whether I should upgrade and if yes which camera to buy. I'm mostly into travel photography.

In the past it was easy. I would just buy the camera with more MP. This way I moved from 1.4 to 2, 4, 5, 8, 10, 14, 16 and finally 24MP. However it seems that the pixel count is not growing anymore, unless you buy a full-frame camera.

Full-frame could be an option, but I don't want bigger or heavier equipment. Especially full frame tele lenses are way bigger and heavier than crop factor lenses. For instance, cameras such as the A77 or A99 are out of scope (bigger and/or heavier).

A more compact and light version of the A65 with better high ISO performance would be desirable, but such a camera does not exist. Any ideas?

-- hide signature --

Alfred

Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow