Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
philharris
Regular MemberPosts: 219Gear list
Like?
Sigma 50mm and 58mm f/1.4 comparison
2 weeks ago

I was able to use a 58mm f/1.4G to grab a few pictures in my local camera shop today, I then took 3 with my Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art.

Obviously there is little science here as I only had a few moments to do this and the lighting was a horrid fluorescent mix, they were taken wide open at 1600 ISO on a D800. I put in a little noise reduction and set the white balance with the pick tool on a white box in the background, then synchronised the settings across all 6 images.

Just for fun I have left off the EXIF data. I suspect most people here will have no trouble figuring out which is which anyway.

If it shows anything at all I think it's that both lenses have great qualities, although slightly different. I intend to get a 58mm at some point, I do love what it does, I just have to get the 810 purchase done first.

This is not any sort of attempt to say anything definitive, I know these casual images are nothing more than a curiosity, I just thought some people might find them interesting.

-- hide signature --
 philharris's gear list:philharris's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon Df Nikon D810 +18 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow