Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pdqgp
Forum ProPosts: 10,117Gear list
Like?
MFA - Do you use it? Frustrated here...
5 months ago

So the 70D is a great camera and I though since it has MFA I would give them a try. I set up my Spyderlenscal tool, insured the set up and methodology was spot-on and in the controlled environment, all seemed good. Improvements were seen in many cases and in some, dead zero was fine.

However, moving out to the real world shooting with these adjustments in place I came home frustrated to find they are junk and that clearing everything works better. What the heck!

Seriously, I can find tune a 24-70L that in some cases gave me fits on a 40D wide open to a glorious result set in a controlled environment. However, I take it out and it's not performing as sharp as it should and does when left alone.

I suppose I'm splitting hairs as I rarely shoot wide open and when I do with the 70D I will just use live view and take advantage of the zoom capability and Dual Pixel technology.

What are your findings?

-- hide signature --

"If you're not having fun at whatever it is you're doing, you're doing it wrong"

pdqgp's gear list:pdqgp's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Konica KD-400 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS75 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 +14 more
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow