Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Doug Aiien
Regular MemberPosts: 114Gear list
Like?
Should I ask for permission?
5 months ago

Two days ago Mike Fewster started  a thread, "Offensive pictures? Your views appreciated."

Last night I took pictures at an "All Comers" track meet where many children and families run. Most of the pictures are of children, some of a parent child relationship stretching, warming up, or running together, some of the agony and the ecstasy of running, some of older elite runners and some of out-of-shape people running.

It hadn't crossed my mind that I might be criticized for displaying there pictures here or on Flickr until I read the Mike Fewster thread. Do I need to ask for permission to photograph or to show a picture from a fairly informal sports event?  There were many other photographers, but most were probably taking pictures of family members and friends.

I myself compete in track and field and other sports, but have never photographed it with the intention of showing off my better photos.

I mainly take butterfly and bird photographs.

Doug

https://www.flickr.com/photos/carolinabutterflies/

Doug Aiien's gear list:Doug Aiien's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow