NP-FW50 Weight - varies

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Richard Mauro
Regular MemberPosts: 469Gear list
Like?
I just spoke with Sony...
In reply to Jawed, 3 months ago

My first ever Sony camera was the a7R (I dumped all my DSLR gear in January). I just sold the a7R and purchased the a7S. Literally just cracked it opened today and when pulling out my other NP-FW50 batteries from my bag noticed the two new NP-FW50 batteries that now come with the a7S (ALONG WITH A CHARGER FINALLY!!!) are much lighter than my original NP-FW50s as this thread began. My two that come packed with the a7S weigh 42g compared to 57g with my other OEMs.

What does this mean?

I called Sony and the rep transferred me to an "Alpha" rep who had no documented reason for this weight difference and interestingly told me that according to his specs the NP-FW50 is noted to weigh 42g. He couldn't find any other information about why the other batteries are 57g.

I'll track how long these new batteries last. I'll also see what another NP-FW50 that is arriving today from Sony weighs and report back here. FedEx is on the way!

Richard Mauro's gear list:Richard Mauro's gear list
Sony Alpha 7S Sony FE 35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow