Mirrorless & DSLR Weight Comparison

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Lindsay D
Regular MemberPosts: 384
Like?
Re: Don't be paranoid
In reply to ZX11, 5 months ago

ZX11 wrote:

What does "have my collar felt" mean, in the previous link?

I thought paparazzi ran wild in the UK. Or do security only harass tourists with entry DSLR's? Picking on the weak?

It means being detained, harassed, or even arrested. All of these things have happened to colleagues whilst out innocently engaging in photography on the streets. I too have received abuse for no reason. Generally speaking, the bigger the camera the more likely it is that security guards and the general public will assume you to be up to no good - perhaps a terrorist, or more commonly a child molester. I can remember a few years ago some really sinister posters which were put up around London, other cities and in every railway and tube station ( this was characteristic of our last government's approach to national security) and it was a picture of a person carrying a large camera and a dire warning that they are likely to be a criminal. The harassment escalated thereafter (it has nothing to do with paparazzi). I have seen colleagues treated in an atrocious manner by the authorities for doing nothing other than walking down a street with a camera, or photographing wildlife on nature reserves, snapping a carnival, photographing flowers in a park - the list is endless. You have to live in the UK to appreciate it I'm afraid!

-- hide signature --

www.lindsaydobsonphotography.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow