Like?
Re: Mirrorless & DSLR Weight Comparison
In reply to Just another Canon shooter, 3 months ago

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

NowHearThis wrote:

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

NowHearThis wrote:

crashpc wrote:

2) No, outdated sensor still has some ascpect, which is more important to people, and which gives better quality for lower price. Especially that test setup of SL1 + 50mm f/1,4 is very cheap and provides sharpness and resolution which is at least on par with all that Fuji and Olympus cams for almost half money. Is it not?

Not quite.

See this and this and that and more...

LOL! Didn't the f/1.8=f/1.8 myth (elevated to f/1.4 = f/1.8 here) dye officially a few days ago?

Did I say I was talking about DOF?

Why didn't you? And about total light, etc. You just failed the equivalence quiz.

Yawn.
On a Sunny day...Sunny 16 rule
• FF: 50mm lens F/16, 1/100, ISO 100
• A6000 33mm lens, F/16, 1/100, ISO 100
• M43: 25mm lens, F/16, 1/100, ISO 100

All will produce exposures of equal brightness. I should know I've done this with these 3 type of cameras (FF, APS-C, M43).
Will the DOF be different? Yes. But that's not the point I was making. And this is why the DOF zelots can't see the other side of the coin. IF I change the apertures from F/16 to F/2.8 what happens to the shutter speed? The value on all three cameras will read 1/3200. Will the DOF be different? Yes. Does it matter? NOT TO EVERYONE and maybe not for the particular scene that person is shooting, sometimes you use faster apertures to give you faster shutter speeds. (Wow, new concept, huh?)  Yes DOF is not the same, but the brightness of the scene will be, and sometimes that's what you need.

Use some common sense mate.

More to the original point I made, and let me say this simply for you: the Canon 50mm is bad, the Sony 50mm is good (or at least better and has Optical Stabilization too).

LMAO, it's funny to see how one sided some people are, [...]

Yes, indeed.

-- hide signature --

NHT
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow