unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Don't be paranoid
In reply to Miwok, 5 months ago

Miwok wrote:

Lab D wrote:

wombat661 wrote:

All of you bring out the Micro 4/3 as an example to compare against APS-C sized sensor DSLR. You will have no disagreement from me or anyone that going to a smaller sensor size will reduce the weight and size of the gear. Mainly is the lens size that will be smaller and lighter. That is very obvious from looking at the numbers.

There is a reason why so many websites picked the M43 E-M1 camera of the year last year 9adn the E-M5 the year before that). There is a reason why DPReview has stated in several reviews there is virtually no noticeable IQ difference between M43 and APS cameras these days. There is a reason why when people picked the top 25 challenge winners here at DPReview 5 of the top 10 were taken by M43 cameras.

The worst thing you can do is listen to those who are here to promote their favorite brand and who show clear bias. Instead, read the unbiased reviews. Then look at the challenge winners and decide if that kind of IQ is good enough for you.

Also, for more help, here is a very well written article by a professional who uses Micro Four Thirds explaining why.

http://lindsaydobsonphotography.com/blog/why-i-use-micro-four-thirds-cameras/

Thanks for this link.

My main reason for using mirrorless is not so much about weight or size but for this exactly reason:

"Discreet – my Micro 4/3 cameras are small and won’t cause a distraction, enabling me to work without drawing attention to myself – this is helpful when engaged in candid photography, street photography, and portraiture involving animals and children who might be shy and timid. A small camera system can sometimes enable me to get better results than I would get with a big system, simply because my subjects are more relaxed and co-operative. I can also get shots in locations where a large DSLR might be unwelcome or intrusive. I’ve had my collar felt in the past when members of the public, security personnel, or police have believed that I must be up to no good thanks to the size of my camera, but now that I have a great mini system nobody looks twice at me – oh what bliss"

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away

- Buffalo Springfield 1966

-- hide signature --

f8 and be there

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow