The only thing that's keeping me from buying the SX50! Advice please!?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Panone
Forum MemberPosts: 75Gear list
Like?
The only thing that's keeping me from buying the SX50! Advice please!?
2 months ago

Hello everyone! I am a Railfan and I shoot videos of trains. I own the FZ200 and it does a great job of shooting high speed trains. I am now looking for a bridge camera with more zoom to go with my FZ200. I tested out the Sony HX400V and didn't like the 'jelly-like' wobbling effect present in its videos (constantly wobbles even at 30x, digital zoom is worse). Then I looked at videos of the SX50 HS. To my surprise the SX50 HS videos looked pretty good. The videos looked stable, crisp, well saturated with vivid colours and contrast. But one thing that annoyed me was the motor noise / clicking sound when zooming in and out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nN52QIHQ2s . The clicking / motor sound is clearly audible in most of the videos which is a shame. I really like the SX50. I would get this camera if I can get rid of the motor / clicking sound. Is there any way around this guys? Can the clicking motor noise be eliminated when zooming in/out on movie mode? Thanks in advance.

Panone's gear list:Panone's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow