Mirrorless & DSLR Weight Comparison

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
NowHearThis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,276Gear list
Like?
Re: Mirrorless & DSLR Weight Comparison
In reply to crashpc, 3 months ago

crashpc wrote:

2) No, outdated sensor still has some ascpect, which is more important to people, and which gives better quality for lower price. Especially that test setup of SL1 + 50mm f/1,4 is very cheap and provides sharpness and resolution which is at least on par with all that Fuji and Olympus cams for almost half money. Is it not?

Not quite.

See this and this and that and more...

Thank you for helping prove my point. The SL1 vs the other 3 cameras in you example definitely produces more noise in the shadows than the others. And in the last example (ISO 800 JPEG) the details are softer then them too.

You mention a SL1 + 50/1.4 kit, for the money, I'd rather have an A6000+50/1.8 OSS or an E-M10+45/1.8. The Canon 50/1.8 has poor optical performance until about F2/8 (afterwhich it's great), the others are useable wide open and they're stabilized too, unlike the Canon.

The SL1 + 50/1.4 is also not much less than the others too:
Canon SL1 + 50/1.4 USM = $900
Sony A6000 + 50/1.8 OSS = $950
Olympus E-M10 + 45/1.8 = $1000

If you shoot Canon want a small Canon kit with high optical quality, the 40/2.8 STM is a very good wide open, albeit it's an odd focal length on APS-C (64mm FF EQV).

Everybody has his own needs.

Exactly!  I've had 3 DSLRs, and 2 mirrorless, the mirrorless cameras suit my needs better.  But people can use what they want.  No format FF, APS-C, M43, etc, has exclusive claim on great photos.  Everything can take great pictures, the user is the weakest link in the equation.

-- hide signature --

NHT
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow