Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ShawnHoke
Contributing MemberPosts: 592
Like?
Re: Mirrorless & DSLR Weight Comparison
In reply to Just another Canon shooter, 2 months ago

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

T3 wrote:

I think you're stuck on counting grams, but for many of us, the real difference is simply the size of these cameras. For example, the Canon SL1, touted as being the world's smallest APS-C DSLR, is still larger than a FF mirrorless Sony A7. I'll say it again, the world's smallest APS-C DSLR is still larger than a FF mirrorless camera...even with lenses mounted.

Think again:

http://j.mp/1q1wucV

Not equivalent apertures but comparing non-equivalent apertures became a fun game here.

And on the Canon you can mount all this, and it will focus lightning fast (OK, just ultrasonic fast, most of them)

and on the Sony you can mount all of this and it will focus much slower

I am not talking about MF here. I am not a big fan of APS-C cameras and would rather have FF with a few fast lenses but the Sony FE is not that. Also, the smaller weight comes with the added benefit of shutter shock.

That just gives you a glympse of the size benefit that mirrorless can offer.

Without the right lenses, it is worthless.

But on the Sony, you can use the native Sony lenses, all of those Canon lenses in your picture, Nikon lenses, Leica, Zeiss, Olympus Zuiko, Minolta, crazy Russian lenses, Voigtlander, etc.

I love using old glass on my a6000 with focus peaking and magnification. It's quick, easy, and accurate.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow