ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lu Heng
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
Portraits made with 6 lenses of Leica and Jupiter on M240
1 month ago

Hi, everyone!

I recently decided to refresh my skills after long break and have fun with my lenses. So I used 6 lenses out of 9 I own.

All of photos are taken in different conditions but @ the widest aperture possible for lens. All are DNG files processed in LR4 to my liking and in the way I had considered natural for particular lens - real life usageI'd say. It's in no way a comparison, because all lenses are very different and I love them all. But you are free to compare if you like

P.S. Ignore EXIF if it says different - sometimes I forget to switch from manual lens settings.

Leica 35/1,4 ASPH (2003)

Leica 50/1,4 (1968)

Leica 50/0,95 (2010)

Jupiter-3 50/1,5 (the one from 50th)

Jupiter-9 85/2 (1970th)

Jupiter-9 85/2 (1970th)

Leica APO 90/2 ASPH (2000)

One more with Jupiter-9, though I missed focus, but I like it anyway. Jupiter-9 is the most difficult to focus and it's almost impossible to catch moving scenes. But when used correctly you can get signature pictures. After using them for longer time, Leica lens may appear looking too predictable and less artistic

-- hide signature --

Sergey

Lu Heng's gear list:Lu Heng's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Leica M8.2 Leica M9 Leica M Typ 240 Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow